Sweet Potato Apple Dog Treats
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recipe is from Whole Foods.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 3⁄4 cup cooked plain mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons chicken (or water) or 3 tablespoons beef broth (or water)
- 2 cups organic 100% whole wheat pastry flour, plus more for dusting
- 1⁄2 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and grated
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together sweet potatoes and broth. Add flour, cornmeal, mint and apples and stir until combined. Knead the dough a few times until it holds together. Roll out half of the dough on a generously floured surface until about 1/4-inch thick. Use (2-inch to 4-inch) cookie cutters to cut out treats. Transfer to baking sheets; reroll and cut the scraps. Bake until dried and just slightly golden on the bottoms, 35 to 40 minutes. Turn off the oven, leave oven door ajar and let the treats cool and dry out in the oven for 1 to 2 hours. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION