An unusual twist on BBQ sauce. I've not tried this yet. Found on the Michigan Dept of Agriculture web site and posted for the Spring 2005 Strawberry recipe swap.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
This was a nice sweet sauce. Although we didn't think it had much "hot" or kick and could stand some more zing. It is very easy to prepare.
I did use Elmoo`s suggestion of adding 1 chipolte pepper since I had a can open. I marinated a london broil in it. Removed and grilled the meat and heated the sauce for dipping the cooked meat. Yummy!
This is tasty stuff and very easy to make. Did you know that a bag of frozen strawberries = 2c? Just thaw & WHIZZ!! I think I'll use a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce next time instead of the cayenne powder for more flavor than just heat.