Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is a hybrid of several recipes I found online. In my opinion, it tastes just like the ideal non-vegan version--flavorful, hearty, and moist. Enjoy!
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached white flour (or a combination of white and whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana (very ripe, 2 large or 3 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup almond milk (or other vegan milk like soy milk)
- 3 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute (makes 2 eggs)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In medium bowl mash together the bananas, oil, apple sauce, and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the large bowl and mix until combined. Mix Ener-G egg replacer in separate bowl (as per instructions on box) and combine with batter.
- Grease a standard-sized loaf pan (about 9x5) and add batter.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Let cool for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!