Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy, nutritious and easy as can be. A great week-night dinner.
- 1 lb dry packaged noodles
- 7 ounces tuna in water
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Fill a 4.5 quart pan about two-thirds full of water, add 1 tsp salt per quart of water, and bring to a rapid boil. Add noodles and boil until al dente.
- Meanwhile, open a 7 oz can of tuna, drain it, and break tuna into flakes. Mix with cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup milk.
- Open 10 oz package of frozen peas and empty into colander. When noodles are done, drain them through peas in colander to thaw peas.
- Combine everything.
- Turn heat to medium-low and warm until hot.
This review is for making it EXACTLY as written. It was definetly fast & easy and a great alternative if your oven is out OR you need something superfast. Otherwise, it didn't do it for us taste or texture wise. We definitely prefer the classic way of finishing it off in the oven. This method changes the texture as it makes it very musy. It might be nice if feeding to very young children. The first reviewer completely changed the recipe then finished in the oven so I don't think the 5-star rating is even for this particular recipe but instead her own version of it. Another reviewer also changed the ingredients list and then finished it off in the oven.
Excellent basic recipe. I used 5oz tuna instead of the 7 because that's what was on hand, and whole wheat tri-color rotini for the pasta. I also traded the peas for some mixed veg (peas, carrots, green beans and corn). Oh, and I used cream of celery instead of mushroom. Also added a thin layer of shredded cheddar and crumbled whole wheat crackers and then broiled in the oven for about 5 minutes or so to melt the cheese. Came out delish! I would say the recipe seems to serve more like 8 than six though.
Just had this for dinner and it was just so good that I had to come and leave a message...Except for the fact that I've used whole wheat noodles, added a bag of broccoli florets, part skim mozzarella cheese on top and put it in the oven for about 10 minutes just so that the cheese would melt, I can say that I've made it just as directed and it was really fast and easy!!! It's definitely a keeper...wonderful for a quick yet delicious dinner after a long day at work!!! Thanks for sharing!!! =)