Recipe by janderson48
My best friend gave me this recipe. I've added some of my own twists to this. Like the garlic, shallots, and sundried tomatoes. =) I've even used jalapenos.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup Fontina cheese, grated
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh basil chiffonade (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pound the chicken breast to about ¼ inch, set aside. Lay two slices of prosciutto side by side slightly over lapping. Lay one chicken breast on top lengthwise. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with half the Fontina, spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Starting at one end carefully roll the chicken breast and prosciutto. Tie the ends with kitchen string or use toothpicks to keep closed. Repeat with the other breast.
- Add olive oil to a medium large oven proof skillet; heat over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Stirring constantly, cook until soft. Add chicken breasts one at a time and brown on all sides. Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate. While the skillet is still hot add white wine scraping the brown bits up. Return the chicken to the skillet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, or until done. Remove from the oven and remove string or toothpicks. Slice into 1 inch slices. Serve over angel hair pasta.