Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good party dip, and is very healthy. I made plain hummus before but always thought it needed some flavor, well the sun-dried tomatoes did that for me! Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (soak in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tamari or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- In food processor, add all ingredients except tomatoes.
- Process until smooth.
- Place in a small dish and add tomatoes mixing evenly.
- Serve with crackers, celery sticks, pita wedges, etc.
I''m not a fan of sundried tomatoes, but this recipe was good, I added roasted garlic to spruce up the flavor a little. I also reduced the amount of lemon juice. otherwise a very good recipe. thank you for posting it.
I had some sun dried tomatoes I wanted to use up, and this dip was delicious with them. I liked it so much.....I used it as a spread on a roast beef sandwich as well. Thank you so much for a great, versatile recipe. Definitely a keeper for me!
I love sun dried tomatoes and hummus. Putting them together is only natural and bound to be fantastic. I just found that 1 cup was way to much for this recipe. I would half the tomatoes next time. There was no creaminess left, but the flavor was great. (did leave out the cumin)