Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Easy way to do summer veggies on the grill. Uses Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil to cook your veggies in.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the bacon on the rack of a broiler pan and bake for 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon. You want it crisp but not burned.
- While baking the bacon, scrape the corn off the ears of corn. Combine the corn kernels, red bell pepper, sliced zucchini, and diced onion in a bowl. Sprinkle the Cavender's Greek Seasoning over the vegetables. Add some freshly ground black pepper if you would like.
- Tear off 2 12 x 12 pieces of Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil. (I like to use heavy duty for grilling). Place half the vegetables on each foil sheet.
- Cut the butter up into small pieces and put 2 tablespoons over each vegetable packet. Bring the ends of the foil together, fold over 3 times and twist the ends together. (Each packet serves two).
- Grill over hot coals for 15 - 20 minutes. While the veggies are grilling, crumble the bacon. When the veggies are ready, carefully open the packets (watch out for steam!) and sprinkle a slice of crumbled bacon over each packet. Serve and enjoy!
Winner! This was a wonderful way to celebrate the last of the summer harvest. The colors are gorgeous and because we do not like overcooked veggies the 15 minute cook time was spot on leaving the veggies nice and tender without being over cooked. I made using really thick sliced black pepper bacon and am already looking forward to the next corn season. Thanks for the post.
Delicious! My hubby made this for dinner tonight. The veggies were cooked perfectly, the seasoning was just right and the sprinkling of crumbled bacon before serving was a nice touch. In addition to the veggies included in the recipe, DH also threw in some asparagus. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
Great! Love to grill and loved this.