Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
Old fashioned crisp butter cookies, delicious served at "tea time" or just dipped in milk. These are always a hit served over the Holiday Season. Enjoy :) Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- heat oven to 350*F.
- in large mixer bowl combine all ingredients. beat at medium speed scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1inch balls, place 2inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
- flatten cookies to 1/4inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- 1)Chocolate chip Butter Cookies:.
- by hand stir 1 cup mini sweet chocolate chips into dough.
- 2)Brickle Bit Butter cookies:.
- by hand stir 6oz almond brickle bits into dough.
What a winner of a cookie this is! :) It is lovely crunchy on the outside with a soft centre and has a yummy vanilla taste. The sugar on top adds a nice crunch and makes the cookies special. I used a little less butter and only 1/3 cup sugar as I dont like my cookies to be too sweet. That way they were perfect for me. I followed your suggestion and added some chocolate chips to half of the dough. Mmm, also very nice. These not only taste good but also look very pretty, so I think Ill add them to my holiday cookie bags for my friends and family. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Daisy! Made and reviewed for Ed'n#9 Novembre 09.