Old fashioned crisp butter cookies, delicious served at "tea time" or just dipped in milk. These are always a hit served over the Holiday Season. Enjoy :) Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- heat oven to 350*F.
- in large mixer bowl combine all ingredients. beat at medium speed scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1inch balls, place 2inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
- flatten cookies to 1/4inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- 1)Chocolate chip Butter Cookies:.
- by hand stir 1 cup mini sweet chocolate chips into dough.
- 2)Brickle Bit Butter cookies:.
- by hand stir 6oz almond brickle bits into dough.