1 hr 30 mins
Source: Country Woman Magazine Aug/Sept. issue 1994
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a kettle, combine water and 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- 2Peel, core and quarter the pears, placing them in lemon juice mixture to retard browning until all have been peeled.
- 3Drain liquid in kettle.
- 4Add grape juice and remaining lemon juice; bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium;cook until pears are soft,about 20@minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Press through a sieve or food mill, or process in a blender until smooth.
- 8Return puree to kettle.
- 9Add spices;cook and stir until very thick;20-35 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat; stir in sweetener.
- 11Adjust sweetner to taste.
- 12Pour into jars or plastic containers.
- 13Refrigerate up to 3 weeks.
- 14(For longer storage time pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4 in. headspace. Process in a boiling~water bath for 10 minutes. Use within 3 weeks of opening) Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-tablespoon serving equals 1/2 fruit.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Free Pear Butter
Serving Size: 1 (5935 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.3
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 68.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g