1/1 Photo of Stuffed Lasagna Shells.
Lasagna in shell form!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion (about half)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (I always use fresh)
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, dived
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 11. Brown beef, onions, garlic in olive oil, drain.
- 22. Add in parsley, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and wine. Simmer for one hour.
- 33. In separate bowl, mix together parmesan, HALF of the mozzarella, and cottage cheese, set aside in fridge.
- 44. Boil jumbo shells. CAREFUL, they break easily, before and after boiling. Drain and let cool enough that you can work with them.
- 55. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 66. Stuff shells with cheese mixture, and place them in baking dish.
- 77. After all the shells are stuffed and in the dish, spoon the sauce over the top of the shells.
- 88. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese, and bake at 375* until cheeses are all thoroughly melted.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Lasagna Shells.
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1205.1
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 198.6 mg
- Sodium 2411.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 81.6 g