Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 min
Lasagna in shell form!
Make and share this Stuffed Lasagna Shells. recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion (about half)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (I always use fresh)
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, dived
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 1. Brown beef, onions, garlic in olive oil, drain.
- 2. Add in parsley, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and wine. Simmer for one hour.
- 3. In separate bowl, mix together parmesan, HALF of the mozzarella, and cottage cheese, set aside in fridge.
- 4. Boil jumbo shells. CAREFUL, they break easily, before and after boiling. Drain and let cool enough that you can work with them.
- 5. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6. Stuff shells with cheese mixture, and place them in baking dish.
- 7. After all the shells are stuffed and in the dish, spoon the sauce over the top of the shells.
- 8. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese, and bake at 375* until cheeses are all thoroughly melted.
Yum! Both my grandson and I enjoyed this dish. I used a shiraz for the wine and it went well with the rest of the ingredients. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement tag.