Recipe by dicentra
This is from Easy Everyday Low Carb. Spread the cream cheese before cutting into bites. This can be made 4 hours in advance. Add nuts just before serving.
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 stalks celery
- 1 (8 ounce) container sun-dried tomato cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 2 tablespoons shelled dry roasted sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray. Add pine nuts and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until nuts are golden brown; set aside.
- Remove tops and wide base from celery.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove two thin strips from the rounded side of the celery, creating a flat surface.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese and the shredded cheese.
- Spread or spoon cheese mixture into celery.
- Cut each filled stalk into 2 inch pieces.
- Sprinkle half the pieces with the pine nut mixture and half with the sunflower seeds.