Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of our favorite Louisiana treats. This is the basic version of a family recipe, minus the secret ingredients, but it still turns out fantastic.
- Mix together all ingredients except artichokes and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Cut top and bottom from artichoke and rinse.
- Turn artichoke upside down and smash slightly to open leaves.
- Fill each leaf from the outside in by using the top of each leaf.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over artichokes.
- Steam in covered pot with just enough water to cover the bottom of the pain, but not touching the stuffing mixture.
- Steam for about 45 minutes or until leaf pulls off easily.
- Note: Crabmeat can be cut from recipe or replaced with shrimp, crawfish, lobster or any other seafood.
I didn't have enough parsley (only about 1-2 tsp dried) but overall I liked this. The only negative was that the stuffing seemed a bit dry so if I make this again I may use less bread crumbs and/or more crab. However as this was my first time cooking with artichoke I think this was a success.
Made for PAC Fall 2012