Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These crepes sound so yummy. The recipe is courtesy Chef Rick Gonzales, The Epicurean. The batter is refrigerated for 4 hours not included in time listed.
- Prepare the batter by combining the flour, egg and egg yolk.
- Add salt and combine with the milk until the mixture is smooth.
- Allow to stand 4 hours covered and refrigerated.
- Place one tablespoon of butter in a hot pan; when melted and lightly brown, add to the crepe batter.
- Stir in the butter and then place a ladle full of crepe batter into hot pan, moving it around until mixture sets.
- Place back on heat, wait until small bubbles appear on the surface, then flip the crepe over.
- Cook a few seconds on the other side and remove from the pan with a spatula.
- Add sugar to a separate pan and then add the Strawberries, mangoes and remaining butter.
- Stir together until the sugar and butter form a fudge-like consistency.
- Add the wine and walnuts.
- Place this mixture in the center of each crepe and roll up, leaving some sauce.
- Place the crepes onto a serving dish; spoon remaining sauce over crepes to coat.
- Top with whipped cream, walnuts and Strawberries or mangoes if desired.