Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My kids love smoothies for breakfast and we are coming up with a few different varieties. This one is our latest creation. You can't really taste the apple - but the main thing for me is that it is there in form of nutrition. Smoothies can be a a wonderful wholesome breakfast with lots of vitamins, calcium and fiber. I always add ground flax seed for the omega benefit, it has no flavour and can be used in all foods. I usually do not measure ingrediients in smoothies and you should add milk according to your own preferences for thickness.
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry yogurt or 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt or 1⁄2 cup other fruit yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 apple, cored and peeled
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- Throw everything in a blender; whirl until smooth and you have a quick breakfast.
- If you want to make it more of a dessert you can add a dollop of whipping cream on top.
Made for a great start to the day..other than omitting the honey, this made for a nice soothing smoothie, Made for Holiday tag.
yum. quick and easy.
We enjoy smoothies anytime of the year & this one was especially appropriate since I'd just purchased a bag of large Honey Crisp apples (for making some apple sauce) I used one of those here & it worked great! I used a bit more frozen strawberries than was called for, but that helped thicken it all up, which is what we like! I'll be keeping the recipe for this great smoothie on hand, for sure! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits tag]