Recipe by Shuzbud
This tastes like a fresh fruit version of a thick shake with amaretto. The amaretto gives a warm flavour to this otherwise ice cold treat!
Top Review by Stylin'Dog
Yum! Just made these for my husband and I using strawberries picked just this morning, and wow, are they good. Added a little extra amaretto to polish off a bottle. I downed mine in pretty much one shot, hubby is still sipping his. I could see these being really dangerous on a hot sunny day (like today!). Good thing we're now out of milk. haha
- 10 ounces strawberries (about 10 strawberries)
- 2 1⁄2 cups good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (or more depending on your preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Put them in a blender with the ice cream, milk, powdered sugar and amaretto.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and add more amaretto if desired- I like a hint of amaretto but you may prefer it stronger.
- Strain through a sieve to remove the strawberry seeds (this produces a much smoother drink and is worth it if you have time).
- Serve ice cold and enjoy!