Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I hate using my oven...but sometimes I need to make cookies so I was very excited when I found this recipe. I haven't tried it...yet, but plan on making them very soon!
- Sprinkle powdered sugar or coconut evenly onto a parchment or wax paper-lined 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and eggs in a large saucepan; stir well. Add dates and butter; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in cereal, pecans and vanilla, mixing well.
- Spread cereal mixture evenly onto prepared pan. Let stand for 15 minutes
- Roll the mixture into a 15-inch log, beginning at long side. Let cool completely.
- Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.