Recipe by natsxox
I hate using my oven...but sometimes I need to make cookies so I was very excited when I found this recipe. I haven't tried it...yet, but plan on making them very soon!
Top Review by sprue
i sprinkled red and green chips on it before rolling for a more festive look and put dried berries instead of dates (hate dates) i also rolled it the wrong way so my cookies were larger and fewer.. oops. fun idea.. found it very hard to 'spread' on the cookie sheet though more like dropping and mashing around.
- powdered sugar or flaked coconut
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle powdered sugar or coconut evenly onto a parchment or wax paper-lined 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and eggs in a large saucepan; stir well. Add dates and butter; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in cereal, pecans and vanilla, mixing well.
- Spread cereal mixture evenly onto prepared pan. Let stand for 15 minutes
- Roll the mixture into a 15-inch log, beginning at long side. Let cool completely.
- Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.