Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I hate using my oven...but sometimes I need to make cookies so I was very excited when I found this recipe. I haven't tried it...yet, but plan on making them very soon!
- Sprinkle powdered sugar or coconut evenly onto a parchment or wax paper-lined 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and eggs in a large saucepan; stir well. Add dates and butter; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in cereal, pecans and vanilla, mixing well.
- Spread cereal mixture evenly onto prepared pan. Let stand for 15 minutes
- Roll the mixture into a 15-inch log, beginning at long side. Let cool completely.
- Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
i sprinkled red and green chips on it before rolling for a more festive look and put dried berries instead of dates (hate dates) i also rolled it the wrong way so my cookies were larger and fewer.. oops. fun idea.. found it very hard to 'spread' on the cookie sheet though more like dropping and mashing around.
I so dislike reading recipe reviews and people say they make a recipe but add this or that and change this or that. I made these today and I am being one of those who changed something. I have never bought dates in all my yrs. I had cranraisins though so chopped them and added them in replace of the dates. Delicious!!! Thanks for the start and I guess all in all changing things from time to time is one way new recipes are created. Thanks and 5 stars for you!