Recipe by Dee514
A tasty tuna salad which is easy to prepare. I frequently make it during the Summer for a light supper, after a day at the pool. Also works well for picnics. Amounts given are estimates, I usually prepare this "by taste".
Top Review by Bev
This was a delicious light supper! I left out the onions and the pepper as DH was out of town and he is the onion and pepper guy. I added a few grape tomatoes cut in half for a little color and there you have it!! A beautiful salad fit for a queen! Thank you for a new summertime favorite, Dee!
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 lb cooked elbow macaroni or 1⁄2 lb small shell pasta, rinsed and drained
- 1 -2 hard-boiled egg, mashed
- 1⁄2 medium vidalia onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped or minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red peppers or 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix well to blend.
- If salad is too dry, add more mayonnaise.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Chill well before serving.
- Note: If you are going to triple the recipe, only use 1 hard boiled egg per can of tuna.