Recipe by byZula
June 3, 2004. Tastes great! Very easy to make! I started it at 250-300 degrees and then up to 350 so I didn't have to wait so long. The results were still delicious! My family killed it!
Top Review by michelles3boys
Oh, where have you been my whole life? This chicken is sooo good. It reminds me of the type of chicken you would get at a Chinese restaurant. It has that sticky, sweet, slightly ginger flavor. Yum!! I didn't have time to let it cook for 3 hours, so I set the oven to 400 degrees and cooked uncovered for 25 minutes. Then I turned down the oven to 375, poured the sauce over the chicken, covered with aluminum foil and cooked for another 35-40 minutes. I basted several times with the sauce and it was perfect. Thank you so much for this delicious recipe!
- 6 chicken thighs or 6 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Wash chicken.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Coat chicken with flour seasoned with garlic salt, paprika and ginger.
- Arrange chicken skin side up in a single layer in baking pan.
- Roast, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Mix other ingredients in a pot over a low flame. Pour over baked chicken when sugar has suitably melted. Bake for another 2 hours at 250 degrees or until chicken is done and delicously glazed.
- Basting and turning at least once will ensure an evenly coated glaze.