Easy and Delicious.
Make and share this Steamed Clams or Mussels recipe from Food.com.
- In a large stockpot, heat your oil very hot.
- Add the garlic and saute quickly for 1 minute.
- Add chopped basil, wine, broth, butter and bring to a boil.
- Then add clams or mussels, cover with a lid, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, and stir well.
- Replace lid and continue cooking til open.
- With slotted spoon, remove clams/mussels and distribute them into 4 pasta bowls.
- Season broth with salt and pepper, and pour hot broth over clams/mussels.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve warm.