Recipe by chuah_lijun1
Found this online, and its really the easiest, fastest cake ever! Tastes good too! Plus there's practically no clean up- just one bowl needed for mixing and steaming. Definitely worth making when you have an overripe banana :)
- 1 banana
- 1 egg (can substitute 50 ml milk or water)
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar (I used 1/8 cup packed sucanat)
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 100 g plain flour (used whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- First you start boiling water for steaming. I used a wok, but really any pot should work fine.
- In one small mixing bowl, mash banana.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix together well.
- Steam 20 minutes (make sure the water is boiling and giving off lots of steam before putting bowl in).
- Do not open steamer by the way. Resist the temptation. It will smell great while steaming.