Air Force Mama's Note:
Hamburger Steaks were a favorite of mine when I was younger!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the patties
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup crushed cracker (or bread crumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the gravy
- 1 (1 ounce) package beef gravy
- 1 (11 ounce) can French onion soup (low sodium)
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (low sodium)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1In a bowl, combine ingredients for patties.
- 2Heat sauté pan (or cast iron skillet) on medium-high heat.
- 3Form hamburger steaks into an oval shape (this recipe makes 4).
- 4If you aren’t using a nonstick skillet, you may want to spray pan with nonstick spray.
- 5Place patties onto preheated pan.
- 6Brown both sides. You aren’t going to cook them all the way through. Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- 7Take browned patties out of pan and set aside.
- 8Add all the gravy ingredients to the pan and whisk together well to remove most of the lumps.
- 9It will take a minute or two of whisking to get most of the lumps out.
- 10Add patties back to pan.
- 11Spoon a bit of the gravy over the tops of the patties.
- 12Cover and turn heat down to a lower setting.
- 13Let cook for another 10 minutes or so until cooked all the way through.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steaks (Salisbury) and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.6
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 130.0 mg
- Sodium 1932.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 27.9 g