Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I thought this recipe was very good way to get my squash in since I am not much of a squash eater. The apples really compliment the squash.
- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 2 baking apples (cored,1/2-inch slices)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash into half; remove seeds and fibers.
- Pare squash and cut into 1/2" slices.
- Arrange squash in 7x13 baking dish and then place apple over squash.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, flour, salt and mace.
- Top squash and apple with sugar mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until squash is tender, 50-60 minutes.
I often do squash with apples and cinnamon but what a nice flavor boost from the mace. I peeled the squash slices before baking them Thanks Petdrwife for a very good squash recipe