An unusually delightful blending of several fruits & vegetables, this salsa goes well with any number of meats & fish! It's a great dip to use with crackers, tortilla chips & corn scoops, not to mention that it is wonderful as a right-from-the-bowl snack! You can also wrap it in a tortilla for a nice lunch! Preparation time does not include time needed for the salsa to chill, & as with most salsas, age works wonders! This recipe is published on behalf of The Sultans of Spice team during ZWT5 & as part of the Mexico/Tex-Mex/The Southwest Challenge #3 SALSA! In the creation of this salsa, each team member had the opportunity to choose an ingredient that best suited them, & their Zaar name appear after the chosen item!!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed (lazy gourmet)
- 1 cup fresh mango, chopped small (Sage)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped small (Crafty Lady 13)
- 1⁄2 cup sultana (Sydney Mike)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (MomLuvs6)
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄4 cup jicama, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup orange bell pepper, chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (FolkDiva)
- 3 tablespoons green chilies, minced (Deantini)
- 2 limes, juice of, zest of, minced (Tarteausucre)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin, to taste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (Dr. Jenny)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Put first 13 ingredients into a large, covered bowl & toss to combine well.
- Season with cumin, red pepper, cinnamon, salt & pepper & toss again to combine well.
- Cover & refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Serve cold or at room temperature.