This dish has an excellent flavor and is quick and easy to make. Any fish filet works just fine for this recipe (flounder, tilapia, sole, pollack, haddock) and the combination of the high heat and the aluminum foil packets steams the veggies to perfection. I often put the packets together up to a day ahead of time, and pop them in the oven when I get home from work to let them marinate a bit. This is portioned out for my husband and I for a Keto diet (9 grams of net carbs per serving using USDA calculations, not sure why it's a bit higher here).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 ounces spinach leaves, bag pre-washed
- 36 asparagus spears, washed (5-inch or less)
- 24 ounces flounder, washed and patted dry (divided into 3-4 ounces each)
- 6 green onions, sliced (white part only)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper (or garlic salt)
- 1Tear six 18-inch sheets of aluminum foil.
- 2Combine olive oil and pepper flakes in small bowl to make chili oil; microwave 30 seconds on high.
- 3Cut lime to squeeze
- 4Season both sides of the filets with salt (or garlic salt) and pepper to taste.
- 5To assemble each packet, layer ingredients in this order in middle of foil sheet:.
- 61½ cup lightly packed spinach leaves.
- 76 asparagus spears.
- 91/6 of the sliced onions.
- 101 tablespoon chili oil.
- 111/6 of the lime juicJuice from 1 lime quarter.
- 12Bring ends of foil together over food and crimp several times; crimp ends to close packet.
- 13Bake in 450 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Lime Pollock - Keto Version
Serving Size: 1 (858 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.2
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 153.3 mg
- Sodium 1156.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 53.5 g