Recipe by chia
From Family Circle magazine. I usually never make things from canned ingredients, but I had baked a few scratch cakes and at the last minute I wanted to make sure I had enough desserts. Very easy and surprisingly good.
- cooking spray
- 1 (15 ounce) can bartlett pears
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- icing sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Drain pears; pat dry; cut into small chunks.
- Mix cake mix with the eggs, oil, water, ginger and salt.
- Mix in nuts and pears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and cool.
- When cool sift icing sugar over the top.