Prep 6 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from In the Kitchen with A Good Appetite
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (10 oz each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 lbs)
- chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- In a small bowl, stir together the 1 tbsp olive oil, chipotles, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin, and cinnamon to make a paste. Place the chicken into a plastic bag (like a storage-size Ziploc) and dump the chipotles mixture into it. Squish the paste and the chicken so that the chicken is fully coated. Squeeze most of the air out of the bag and chill for a few hours and allow the flavors to develop and penetrate.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in 2 tbsp olive oil and scatter on the bottom or a roasting pan. Roast for about 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes and continue to roast until the chicken is just cooked through. About 25 minutes additionally. Serve garnished with cilantro.