Recipe by Kelly M.
It couldn't be easier! Makes a nice side dish, or could serve as a main dish if you're in a vegetarian mood! Subtly sweet with just a hint of spice. Enjoy!
Top Review by Missy Wombat
DH is an asparagus fan, I'm not. DD  is somewhere inbetween. This recipe is easy and quick to prepare and is a good way to prepare tofu. The asparagus certainly looks pretty. I would suggest cutting the mushrooms quite thickly. DH and I both happily ate this RSC recipe but felt it needed something extra. Not sure what it might be however. Certainly a worthwhile RSC effort and worth trying.
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml cayenne chili pepper flakes
- 8 stalk asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- 158.51 ml extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 236.59 ml sliced button mushroom
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat sesame oil and red pepper flakes in nonstick skillet or wok.
- Cut asparagus spears into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add asparagus and tofu to heated sesame oil and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, saute, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Mix sugar and soy sauce together in small bowl until combined and add to pan.
- Mix well to coat and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Asparagus should be crisp-tender at this point.