Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to prepare chicken for company -- but it's so easy and quick, it's also a perfect entree for "gotta-make-a-quick-dinner" nights!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml garlic powder or 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together marinade ingredients.
- Coat chicken in marinade.
- (Optional: allow chicken to marinate 1-2 hours. On evenings when I don't have time to let it sit, though, it still tastes good when it goes straight to the grill!).
- Grill chicken.
This was a really tasty marinade. Smoky without being spicy. Gives a real aroma and flavor of the Southwest, reminiscent of mesquite grilling. It definitely needs salt, as the other reviewers have said. I do not like balsamic vinegar generally, especially balsamic reduction - but it is undetectable in this dish and serves as a hearty backbone to the spices.
I usually don't review a recipe w/changes but I can't seem to add a private note (which I usually can). The only change I made was to double everything and swap out the vinegar for lime juice, and added about a TBSP extra EVOO and a splash of water to thin it a bit. Smells delicious, can't wait to try the finished product (it is marinating right now). Smells very authentic. I used about 1/2 tsp each S & P. THANKS!
This was super, super easy and absolutely delicious. I left the marinade on all day and the chicken breasts were to die for.