Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
All across the southern states of America, the regional drink of choice is sweet tea. The logical extension to which is the sweet tea pie. Enjoy!
- 85.04 g cream cheese
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 236.59 ml butter, room temperature
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 8 egg yolks
- 177.44 ml orange pekoe tea, warm, strong
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml apple cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 9.85 ml cornmeal
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until well combined. Add flour and mix at low speed until dough forms a ball. Pat dough into 9-inch pie pan.
- Place pie shell in freezer while preparing filling. Heat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar. Add lemon zest. Add egg yolks a little at a time allowing each addition to incorporate; scraping bowl often.
- Slowly add tea, vanilla, vinegar, and lemon juice. Add flour and cornmeal.
- Remove crust from freezer and fill.
- Bake at 350F for 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.