Recipe by Member #610488
All across the southern states of America, the regional drink of choice is sweet tea. The logical extension to which is the sweet tea pie. Enjoy!
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 8 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup orange pekoe tea, warm, strong
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until well combined. Add flour and mix at low speed until dough forms a ball. Pat dough into 9-inch pie pan.
- Place pie shell in freezer while preparing filling. Heat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar. Add lemon zest. Add egg yolks a little at a time allowing each addition to incorporate; scraping bowl often.
- Slowly add tea, vanilla, vinegar, and lemon juice. Add flour and cornmeal.
- Remove crust from freezer and fill.
- Bake at 350F for 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.