1/12 Photos of Southern Sweet Iced Tea
This is how my Granny made sweet tea and it is some kind of sweet. Know that and beware. Pa-Paw used to down 2-3 glasses after working in the garden all day. Back off the sugar if you can't handle it. This one is for true southerners only ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large glass measuring cup, place the tea bags and add the baking soda.
- 2Pour the boiling water over the tea bags.
- 3Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- 4Take out the tea bags and do not squeeze them.
- 5Pour the tea mixture into a 2-quart pitcher; add the sugar.
- 6Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 7Add in the cold water.
- 8Let cool; chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Sweet Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (2197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 108.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 149.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 149.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: