Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are an easy-to-make brown sugar drop cookie. From an old New England Cookbook.
Make and share this Sour Cream Spice Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix well Stir in vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda into sour cream.
- Mix dry ingredients into the butter and egg mixture alternately add sour cream and flour mixture; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonsfuls unto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes.
I have this same recipe in a post-WWII cookbook. Very nice cookies.
Enjoyed these! Simple little cookies that are great with tea or coffee. Greased the pan once, then on the next batch used the silpat. Mine spread but weren't thin like the other reviewer's. Out of the oven, they were crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. After storing, they did soften up more. Used half whole wheat pastry flour, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I love the simplicity of these, but could be made fancier with a powdered sugar icing drizzle. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Delicious, kind of a carmely gingerbread flavor. I used allspice instead of the cloves. The cookies end up thin and big, so leave room for them to puddle out on the tray, or they'll run together. I got a kick out of watching the sour cream & baking soda mixture puff up.