1/2 Photos of Soft Molasses Spice Cookies
Goji Girl's Note:
No hockey pucks here - gingersnaps without the snap! Granted, if you like crispy cookies, simply bake a few minutes longer. I just made these tonight with my 20 month old, so the prep time is approximate - I'm sure it took us longer than usual. :) Prep time includes chill time. This is another of my mom's recipes, modified to make it slightly healthier. I hope you enjoy! We sure did, with a big glass of cold milk before DD's bedtime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- 2In a separate larger bowl, cream butter.
- 3Add sugar and egg. Beat well.
- 4In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix molasses and water. Add to butter mixture.
- 5Gradually add flour mixture.
- 6Chill dough for 1/2 hour.
- 7Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, then roll in sugar.
- 8Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake for 14-20 minutes, depending on size & desired softness.
- 10(I made 48 smaller cookies and baked for 14 minutes on stone pan, nice & soft yet still done).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Molasses Spice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 106.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.2 g