Prep 45 mins
Cook 14 mins
No hockey pucks here - gingersnaps without the snap! Granted, if you like crispy cookies, simply bake a few minutes longer. I just made these tonight with my 20 month old, so the prep time is approximate - I'm sure it took us longer than usual. :) Prep time includes chill time. This is another of my mom's recipes, modified to make it slightly healthier. I hope you enjoy! We sure did, with a big glass of cold milk before DD's bedtime.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate larger bowl, cream butter.
- Add sugar and egg. Beat well.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix molasses and water. Add to butter mixture.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Chill dough for 1/2 hour.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, then roll in sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-20 minutes, depending on size & desired softness.
- (I made 48 smaller cookies and baked for 14 minutes on stone pan, nice & soft yet still done).
This recipe gave me some VERY TASTY LITTLE MOLASSES BITES that are going quickly in a cookie & candy sale I'm holding during a park-wide garage sale! These little softies are definitely appreciated around here! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]