Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are the most wonderful "soft" chocolate cookies you will ever taste. They are not for those who are dieting, because you will NOT be able to stop at just one cookie!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Combine cake mix, water, butter and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer on low speed until moistened.
- Increase speed to medium; beat for 1 minute (dough will be thick).
- Stir in chips and nuts; mix until well blended.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 1 minute.
- Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
Your recipe was a life saver this morning! Our church has an outreach ministry at a local nursing home. In Dec. church members brought tins of cookies to the residents as a special treat. It was at that time I found out there is a gentleman there who is deaf and has no one to communicate with. DDs and I have since taken him under wing and visit him weekly. As we began to leave last week he signed to me "Where's my cookies?" I signed back that I would bring him fresh cookies at our next visit and I received the following response "I love chocolate ones". Our friend is 90 years old, and sharp as a tack, but he isn't able to chew his food very well so I knew I needed to make a cookie that would stay soft. I had an old tried and true recipe all set however; when I went to the kitchen this morning I found that I only had 1 stick of butter in the house! After a bit of searching I came across your recipe and knew that without the nuts it should be perfect. I have never made a cake mix cookie before and was pleasantly surprised by the results. With all of the cake mix flavors out there the cookie combinations are limitless! I'm sure our friend will enjoy these cookies very much. Thanks for posting this very simple yet very tasty recipe.
Thank you for sharing this recipe. My cookies turned out absolutely wonderful! We used a Texas sided spooon and still got 4 dozen (grin!) A perfect amount of chocolate and nut. So quick, easy and cheap to make. Everyone loved them. You are certainly right about the diet - doesn't do well for someone on Weight Watchers - but well worth an extra few points to taste.
Very easy, very tasty, and look fancy-- reminded me of a Mrs. Fields. Normally I would not make a cookie with a cake mix, but this has convinced me otherwise. It's a real time saver and perfect for chocolate cravings. I used a 1TBS cookie scoop and got exactly 40 cookies. They took about 14 minutes for me, but I am in a high altitude locale.