Recipe by carolinafan
I made this for a birthday party that was during the Christmas holidays. It was a big hit with the kids.
- 1 cake mix, whatever flavor you like
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 2 candy canes, unwrapped
- 2 flat bottom ice cream cones
- vanilla candy coating, melted (almoond bark)
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut or 1 (7 ounce) packageshredded coconut
- 5 large black gumdrops
- 1 large orange gumdrop
- 7 small black gumdrops
- 1 package fruit by the foot fruit leather (any red flavor)
- 2 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- black shoestring licorice
- 2 pretzel sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg whites, in two 8- or 9-inch round pans.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Cover 18x10-inch tray or cardboard with aluminum foil.
- Attach candy cane to each cone using melted candy coating to make ice skates; let stand until set.
- Arrange cake rounds with sides touching on tray.
- Frost with frosting.
- Sprinkle with coconut, pressing gently so it stays on frosting.
- Use large black gumdrops for eyes and buttons, large orange gumdrop for nose, small black gumdrops for mouth and fruit snack roll for scarf.
- Place cookie on each side of head for earmuffs; attach with shoestring licorice.
- Arrange pretzel rods for arms and cones for ice skates.