Recipe by Dog Scout Troop 153
Dog Scout Cookies - Skickerdoodles for our fur-kids
Top Review by PsycheSis
My Rott is very picky on treats and at the retail cost I can't be wasteful so I tried these and WOW...she absolutely loves them!! And what a savings making treats myself and they are super easy. I didn't have any cinnamon though so I substituted carmel chips.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 3⁄4 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix vegetable oil, shortening , honey with eggs. Beat well.
- Add flour, soda and cream of tartar.
- Knead dough until mixed well.
- Shape dough by rounded teaspoons into balls. Mix the cornmeal and cinnamon together in a bowl and roll balls in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet . Press the balls down with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 400°F
- Cool on a rack.
- Store in airtight container.