Recipe by Mercy
This recipe comes from a local caterer.
Top Review by Tina and Dave
This was soooo delicious! Would never have thought of smoked salmon & chicken together! Didn't have huge chicken breasts so flattened 5 thin ones and made a sandwich (2 layers of chicken with the filling in the middle) with savoury breadcrumbs on top. Have a photo if anyone wants to see what I mean! Many thanks, Mercy!
- 2 (10 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup chopped smoked salmon
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- On work surface place 2 (24-inch) sheets of Saran Wrap and place chicken on top.
- Cover with 2 more sheets of wrap.
- Gently pound chicken to 1/2-inch thick.
- Remove plastic.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine spinach, salmon, pesto, goat cheese, Cajun spice blend, black pepper, bread crumbs and eggs.
- Divide mixture between chicken, placing mixture in center of chicken horizontally.
- Gently roll chicken.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Secure each with 2 wooden skewers.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- With a sharp knife slice each into 4 pieces.