1/1 Photo of Smashed Red-Skin Potatoes
Colby's Mom's Note:
Great mashed potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in 5-6 quart Dutch oven; add enough cold water to cover potatoes.
- 2Add 2 tsp salt to water; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a small knife.
- 4In small saucepan over low heat, heat together heavy cream and butter for 5 minutes or until butter is melted and mixture is heated through.
- 5Drain potatoes; transfer to large bowl.
- 6With potato masher, smash potatoes together with hot cream mixture until well blended.
- 7To potatoes, add sour cream, remaining salt, and the pepper.
- 8Blend in with the potato masher; continue to smash until desired consistency is achieved.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smashed Red-Skin Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.0
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 701.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g