Recipe by looneytunesfan
This thick versatile sauce featuring ground beef and lots of herbs is what makes this sauce stand out.
Top Review by Mirj
This was a nice sauce, but I think there's just a bit too much sugar for the amount of meat called for in the recipe. The sauce did smell heavenly bubbling along in the crock all day. I'm going to try this again, but cut back on the brown sugar to about 2 tablespoons, that should be enough for us.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram or 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- hot cooked spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, brown sugar and seasonings; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until bubbly. Discard bay leaf. Serve over spaghetti.