Recipe by 2sweet4here
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. So quick and simply delicious recipe for the hungry meat and potatoes man in your life. My husband and my grandsons love this meal. My granddaughter loves it too but she eats very lightly. I always keep these ingredients on hand for their visits.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas and carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil and oregano
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In sauté pan brown ground beef until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain liquid off Peas and Carrots. Stir in Peas and Carrots and Tomatoes mix well. Pour into 2 qt baking dish. In microwavable dish pour mashed potatoes and microwave until slightly warm and pliable, about 3 minutes. Carefully spoon and smear mashed potatoes over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes until potatoes are golden brown and cheese has melted.