Recipe by Rose Bud
I haven't tried this yet, but it looks really good. It's from the Vegetarian Times.
Top Review by Wendy0
I've made this Veg.Times recipe for years now each summer when the zucchini come in. I usually do it the lazy way, though, with canned (no-salt, french cut) green beans, raw zucchini shredded or julienned on my mandolin, and already sliced sun-dried tomatoes w/their oil. I made it today, in fact, and almost typed it up for my page but here it already is.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces pasta shells or 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, with liquid
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon red wine vinegar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, preferably fresh, diced
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. When water boils add 1 teaspoons salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam green beans and squash seperately until each is just tender. Rinse under cold running water and drain well.
- Drain pasta, rinse under cold running water and drain well. Transfer to large serving bowl. Add green beans, squash, artichokes with liquid, tomatoes, vinegar, oregano, cheese, salt and pepper. Toss to mix and coat. Serve at room temperature.