Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Sally Strackbein of Sallyskitchen.com
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb large shrimp
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 5 -6 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Break the linguine in half and put into rice cooker. Add water. Turn rice cooker on to cook. Stir the linguine several times to make sure it doesn’t clump. While the linguine is cooking, use the steamer tray on your rice cooker and steam the shrimp (timing depends on the size of the shrimp and whether they are frozen or fresh).
- When the rice cooker turns itself down to warm, check to see if the linguine is done (eat a piece). If not, add a little water, stir and turn back on to cook.
- Peel the shrimp and cut into bite size pieces.
- When the linguine is done, dump it out into a colander or bowl. Put the olive oil and garlic in the rice cooker pan and turn on to cook. Sauté garlic for a minute or two. Add the shrimp, crab and basil. Stir for a minute and add the sherry. Let it cook for another 2 minutes. Add the linguine and toss well.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese if you like. It’s great without.
This recipe was quite tasty. I didn't have sherry so I used red wine instead and it was delicious. I also used the parmesan cheese on top. This will be a continuous meal for me. Thanks.