Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Saw this on Martha Stuart
Make and share this Shiitake Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Saute mushrooms and ginger in olive oil until soft and fragrant.
- Add chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Add Soba noodles and boil until soft.
- Lower heat and add spinach, cook until wilted.
- Finally add soy sauce and lime juice to taste.
Loved this quick and easy soup! The only thing I altered was the proportions of broth and water -- I added a 2 more cups of each to serve more people, and to temper the intensity of the ginger (it was a bit strong with the initial recipe). Definitely a repeat!
I just made this for lunch and enjoyed it a lot! I happened to have some leftover shiitake mushrooms and was looking for a way to use them up. I didn't have any spinach so I used some scallion instead and I used some flour noodles instead of soba since I didn't have those either. Thanks for sharing this recipe!