Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Saw this on Martha Stuart
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) package soba noodles
- 10 ounces spinach
- soy sauce
- lime juice
- Saute mushrooms and ginger in olive oil until soft and fragrant.
- Add chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Add Soba noodles and boil until soft.
- Lower heat and add spinach, cook until wilted.
- Finally add soy sauce and lime juice to taste.
Loved this quick and easy soup! The only thing I altered was the proportions of broth and water -- I added a 2 more cups of each to serve more people, and to temper the intensity of the ginger (it was a bit strong with the initial recipe). Definitely a repeat!
I just made this for lunch and enjoyed it a lot! I happened to have some leftover shiitake mushrooms and was looking for a way to use them up. I didn't have any spinach so I used some scallion instead and I used some flour noodles instead of soba since I didn't have those either. Thanks for sharing this recipe!