Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Where I live everyone has their own version of a local favorite " shrimp sauce." Served over angel hair pasta it can be a very elegant dinner. I have several variations to this basic recipe. You can use crawfish tails instead of shrimp. Also you can use a nice white wine instead of evaporated milk. Sometimes I add mushrooms...you get the idea!
- 907.18 g fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (2lbs after peeling)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 155.92 g green onions (this is one whole bag)
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 283.49 g cream of shrimp soup
- 340.19 g grated parmesan cheese
- 226.79 g evaporated milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml basil
- 4.92 ml parsley
- In a skillet on medium -high heat melt the butter. Add the green onion tops and bottoms chopped nicely and the minced garlic. Saute' for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp that have been cleaned, deveined, and drained. Season with the salt, pepper, basil,parsley, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Cover and continue sauteeing on medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes.The shrimp will release a good amount of water. This is good.
- Remove the lid and reduce the heat to medium. Add the cream cheese in cubes. Add the cream of shrimp soup, grated parmesan and evaporated milk. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until it appears nice and creamy. If it begins to stick you need to reduce the heat a little.
- Cover and continue to cook on medium for about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and serve. Serve over angel hair pasta.
i have never seen pre made cream of shrimp soup... is there anything i can substitute?
AWESOME!! sums it all up
This recipe was easy and very delicious. I loved it. If you have kids and if they are picky about spices then I recommend that you don't put the cayenne pepper. It made a lot and we had plenty of leftovers. Thanks Sherry !