Recipe by Mrs.Jack
A really simple and tasty appetizer or brunch item. I use jalapenos but you can also use the canned green chilies which aren't as spicy-hot. Also, changes/additions include adding salsa, chorizo or spicy breakfast sausage, or use your favorite cheese like monterey jack. I like these served warm (not hot) from the oven. Enjoy!
Top Review by rickoholic83
So simple to put together and very tasty! I used 2 4 oz. cans of diced jalapenos (drained well), 1 1/2 cups Mexican Style shredded cheese, 3/4 lb chorizo and a 16 oz. carton of Eggbeaters. I had to let it bake longer since I still used an 8x8 pan but the end result was great. I will be making this again, using real eggs, because it's a fast and easy breakfast! Thanks for sharing, Mrs.Jack! **Made for Fall PAC 2008**
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover bottom of pan with chopped jalapenos.
- Cover jalapenos with grated cheese.
- Beat eggs and pour over cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let set 15 minutes.
- Cut into 2" squares and serve warm.