Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adopted this recipe when Shelly left the site. Shelly is a spunky and intelligent girl who knows that all good comfort comes from carbs. I tried this with whole wheat spaghetti one evening for my solo dinner. It is a garlicky, filling dish with the eggs adding just a bit of protein to satisfy your hunger long term. Shelly found this in a Frugal Gourmet cookbook.
- 1⁄2 lb dry pasta, of your choice (I like fettuccine)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in frying pan large enough to hold all the pasta after it's cooked, heat olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic.
- Saute garlic for just a minute.
- DON'T BURN!
- Drain pasta.
- Toss pasta, olive oil, garlic, beaten eggs and parmesan in pan.
This is one heck of a carb fest! I cut the recipe in half, and still had more than enough for a full meal. I added some flat leaf parsley at the end. Very easy and very tasty. Thanks ms bold, and special thanks to Shelly. :)