Prep1 hr 30 mins
Great for a low-carb snack. I make this up fairly regularly, and just keep it in the fridge for when I need something, but it's just not meal time yet. I left the Bamboo skewers out of the recipe list, and the prep time includes 1 hour of marinading...
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour to keep from burning later.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a non-reactive container large enough to hold all of the chicken.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips and submerge them in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thread 1 chicken strip on each skewer towards end of the stick, and line up on a sheet pan.
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
My 6 yr old loves the chicken on a stick at one of our local Chinese restaurants, so I was trying to find a recipe similar to it. This wasn't it, but it was still pretty good...she liked it, ate 3 sticks!! It was really easy to do too.
Just made these and WOW - Great. I usually will not rate an item, unless I follow it exactly, but - making an exception this time.<br/><br/>The only changes - I didn't have sesame seeds and I grilled instead of baked.<br/><br/>On the grill - these are awesome :). The sesame seed oil makes them just a little crispy.<br/><br/>Will make these again - thank you for posting.
I made these for a baby shower and they were awesome! I marinaded overnight and did the skewers with red onion and red bell pepper and cooked in the oven for 25 min at 350 and they cooked perfectly. The taste was great. I used the thigh meat-in expensive and juicy. Will be making again!