Recipe by rodmitch
I adapted this taking this and that from 3 or 4 other recipes. Mighty tasty!
Top Review by OMA JUDY
I love fresh tuna and always order it when we eat out, although it is pricey. This was my first try at cooking it at home and I LOVED THIS RECIPE!!!!! Very easy and tasty. My husband thought it was a little heavy on the soy sauce (too salty), but I thought it was absolutely great. Thank you for a wonderful recipe
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small sauce pan, heat sesame oil.
- Stir in the green onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat on medium until reduced by half.
- Sprinkle the tuna with the pepper, salt, and sesame seeds.
- Rub into meat to create crust.
- Heat cooking oil in a large skillet set over medium high.
- Add the tuna and cook until almost the desired degree of doneness.
- The tuna will continue to cook slightly after it is removed from the pan.
- Two or 3 minutes on each side should result in a pink center.
- Drizzle sauce over the tuna and serve immediately.