Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very colorful yummy Salad. If desired assemble salad in glass bowl to show off colorful layers. The cook time is for the chill time, You can toast your own sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 cup thinly slivered red onion
- 4 cups finely shredded napa cabbage
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon asain toasted sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Rince and thinly slice cucumber, in a bowl, mix cucumber, onion and Sesame dressing.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Up to 1 hour before serving, layer napa cabbage and red cabbage in a bowl.
- Pour marinated cucumber mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Just brfore serving mix well.
- Sesame dressing: In a small bowl or 1 cup measuring cup mix together ALL of the ingredients for dressing, Makes 3/4 cup.
Looks like confetti, tastes oriental. This would be a great dish to make for a celebration such as new years, a birthday or any other festive occassion!